This summer our students did particularly well. We would like to extend our congratulations to all parents, carers and staff who supported them in achieving brilliantly.
Our full school profile can be seen using the following link: Visit our School Profile
Our 5 A*- C including English and Mathematics stands at: 67% whilst our 5 A*- C reached an outstanding 94%. The 5 A*- G figure is as always 100%.
We are especially proud of the fact that:
- All our different groups of students have attained the highest ever Average Point Score at Loxford.
- The gap between our students who are eligible for Free School Meals and those who are not is extremely small.
- Similarly the difference between the results of our boys and girls is much smaller than those in similar schools.
- The A*- C percentage for Biology, Chemistry , Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Food, Art Photography, History, Religious Studies, English Language, English Literature, Drama, Media, French, Spanish, Community
Languages and PE is well above that of England.
- Our Set 1 Maths Year 10 students achieved 24 A* and 7 A’s.
- 12 Year 10 students sat their RE GCSE and achieved 4 A* 7 A’s & 1B.
- In Year 9, 6 students took GCSE’s early (Drama, Italian, French, Arabic, Spanish & German) and all achieved A*.
We are proud to be a comprehensive Sixth Form which caters for students who wish to study level 1 qualifications all the way through to A2 and university entrance examinations.
On completing Y13 approximately 85% of Loxford students gained a place at university including prestigious higher education institutions such as those in the Russell Group. Our students also gained places to study medicine and to study at Cambridge. For those
students who did not apply for University many gained apprenticeships with companies such as Barclays Bank PLC. Our student following Vocational A Level courses also did extremely well with a number gaining triple Distinction grades.
At AS we are very proud to declare that students who studied AS Religion and Philosophy performed equal to or better than the top 1% of schools in the country; a remarkable achievement
for both students and teachers. Students who study AS English Literature, Photography and Spanish performed in line with the top 10% percent of schools nationally.